National Apple Museum
 barn
Biglerville, PA 17307
Home
Site Index
History
About Us
Museum Photo Tour
Adams County
Around Adams
    County

Fruit Crate Labels
Contact Us
Friends
Land Conservancy
   of Adams County

Fruit Growers
Fruit Grower
   Farm Markets

Apple Book
Horticulture
Research Station
Blossom Festival
Harvest Festival
Other Festivals
Other Fruit -
   Related Museums

Gateway Gettysburg
Lodging & Dining
All About Apples


 Pride of Adams County

Adams County
Historical Society


East Berlin Historical Preservation Society

Franklin County
Historical Society


Hanover Area
Historical Society


Hunterstown Historical Society

Littlestown Area
Historical Society


Ye Olde Sulphur Spa Historical Society

PA Museums and
Historical Societies


Early History
of the
Apple Industry
in Adams County




Adams County

There are 17 pages of historical photos in this section.
We hope you enjoy them!
Next Page
 Pennsylvania round barn One of the very few remaining in Pennsylvania, this round barn was built in 1914 by Noah Sheely, and is now owned by Knouse Fruitlands, Inc. It is located on Cashtown Road, Arendtsville, Pennsylvania.
 country store The Country Store, Biglerville, Pennsylvania.

Covered Bridges of Adams County

Heike’s Bridge
     National Register of Historic Places #80003396
Length: 67 Ft.
Width: 14 Ft.
Built: 1892
Builder: S. Stouffer
Truss: Burr
Stream: Bermudian Creek
To Locate: Take PA Rte 234 West from U.S. 15 South of Harrisburg; take right on to Old U.S. 15 North; take left on to Willow Lane, for a mile or so (bridge is on left side --on private property) viewable from the road.
 Side View of Heike’s Covered Bridge on Bermudian Creek     Front View of Heike’s Covered Bridge on Bermudian Creek
Jack’s Mountain Bridge
     National Register of Historic Places #80003397
Length: 75 Ft.
Width: 14.5 Ft.
Built: 1890
Builder: Joseph Smith
Truss: Burr
Stream: Tom’s Creek
To Locate: From Sach’s Bridge, return to Water Works Road, go right to Pumping Station Road; left on to Pumping Station Road and follow to Bullfrog Road; right on to Bullfrog Road and take to U.S. 116; take left on U.S. 116, go through Fairfield and take right on to Jack’s Mountain Road. Bridge is short way down the road; traffic light at the bridge for one way auto traffic.

 Side View of Sach’s Covered Bridge on Marsh Creek
Sach’s Bridge
     National Register of Historic Places #80003395
Length: 100 Ft.
Width: 15.3 Ft.
Built: 1883
Builder: David Stoner
Truss: Town
Stream: Marsh Creek
To Locate: Take U.S. 116 West in Gettysburg to left on to West Confederate Blvd; go south along edge of battlefield; take right on to Millerstown Road -it leads into Pumping Station Road --stay on this Road; take right on to Water Works Road -look for Metal Plaque Sign on Pole on left side: sign is for the bridge; there is a short road on the left next to the sign --take that left and will lead into a small park with the bridge; parking is near the bridge.
 Side View of Jack’s Mountain Covered Bridge on Tom’s Creek

 Side View Reflected in Water of Jack’s Mountain Covered Bridge on Tom’s Creek

On private property-on Stoney Point Rd. On private property-on Stoney Point Rd.


Next Page



The Biglerville Historical and Preservation Society
and The National Apple Museum
154 West Hanover Street - P.O. Box 656
Biglerville, PA 17307-9442 - Telephone: 717-677-4556

Hosted by CTI Networks, Inc.