Museum Photo Tour
Fruit Crate Labels
of Adams County
Other Fruit -
Lodging & Dining
All About Apples
East Berlin Historical Preservation Society
Hunterstown Historical Society
Ye Olde Sulphur Spa Historical Society
PA Museums and
in Adams County
Washington's top ten export markets for the 1995-1996 crop year:
- Washington has led the country in apple production since 1910.
- Over 60% of Washington apples come from the Yakima Valley.
- In 1913 H. M. Gilbert exported Yakima apples to the Orient, making the first study of Asian export potential.
- Washington supplies half of America's fresh apple needs.
- Washington apples are sold in more than forty countries.
- 75% of the Washington apples that are produced are sold fresh. The other 25% are sent to processors to be canned, frozen, made into juice, juice sweeteners, and dehydrated products.
- Tree Top Incorporated, one of the world's leading producers of apple juice and other processed fruit products, is owned and directed by the Washington growers themselves.
- Apples are one of Washington's largest cash crops, with an estimated value of $899 million for fresh apples and $281 million for processed apple products in 1995.
- More than 99 million boxes of apples were packed for the fresh market in 1996.
| 1. Mexico
5. Hong Kong
8. Saudi Arabia
Back | Next